Friday, June 17, 2011

Sweets, Scoops, and Sunshine: No Cookie Left Behind Bake Sale 2011

I'm not sure how to talk about this bake sale without gushing for paragraphs and paragraphs.  Gotta admit, it filled me with anxiety for a couple months, but in the last couple weeks, everything has come together, and brought with it the same sense it brings me every year:  that everyone is amazing, there is so much goodwill in the world, and that, even though this thing is most definitely about pushing the envelope on how amazing of a spread of delicious baked goods (and jams!) as far as it'll go, it's actually all about people.

Guys, I think it's going to be a good one this year -- our fifth annual No Cookie Left Behind bake sale at Scoops (five years!), and I'm hoping you all will join me on Sunday.  I've been blabbing all over Facebook and Twitter about the incredible roster of bakers that will be involved (I will say this:  somehow we've struck an eerie balance of vegan and bacon), so I won't repeat myself here. Read up over there, or really, just show up, and know that you won't be disappointed.  And you'll be helping out with a great, great cause:  every dollar goes to Share Our Strength in their fight against childhood hunger.

HERE ARE SOME DETAILS:

WHEN:  Sunday, June 19.  2 - 5 pm
WHERE:  Scoops!  712 N. Heliotrope in East Hollywood. Just north of Melrose, between Normandie and Vermont.
INTERESTED IN BAKING?  Awesome!  Email us at nocookieleftbehind@gmail.com
CAN'T MAKE IT?  Consider donating to this important cause.  Click here to do so.

Hope to see you on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment