Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dim Sum, Elevated

Dim sum at Elite Restaurant in Monterey Park. A damn-near perfect way to spend a Sunday morning.

Note the bowl in the left foreground -- empty save for a few baby bok choi and a bit of broth. Doesn't sound like much, but really delicious, and a nice respite from all the friedness and dumplings. The vegetables always get the shaft. (On that note, why is it that whenever I go to dim sum, I see big beautiful dishes of Chinese broccoli on the tables of families who seem to know what they're doing, and yet I never order it? Mark my words, friends, next time I go for dim sum, there will be Chinese broccoli, and how!)

Check out Heather's photos of her trip to Elite. Dare you not to drool.


Elite Restaurant is at 700 Atlantic Blvd. in Monterey Park.


  1. Chinese broccoli, along with long beans and pork, are essential to a successful dim sum. Or says my mom. I'll teach you to order it in Mandarin.

  2. Annie, don't you mean Orange Chicken Panda Bowl?

  3. Hi Tannaz,

    Nice! :) Elite is one of my favs for Dim Sum as well. Have you ever tried Sea Harbour a few exits down on the 10 Freeway? I like it just a touch more than Elite, but both are great. :)

  4. My favorite cuisine, it is Chinese cuisine. Love dimsums especially the sharksfin and the yang chow rice.